The Abokarsh Scholarship
MSc 2 years Part-time Distance Learning
This innovative and challenging programme will provide clinicians with a solid foundation in aesthetic principles and safe practice within aesthetic medicine to enhance and advance their clinical practice. The qualification will demonstrate ongoing training and learning in the area of Aesthetic Medicine which is becoming increasingly important as the drive for better regulation of aesthetic practice continues.
QMUL (Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry) has an excellent reputation in the area of Medical training and is internationally-recognised.
The course run by the The Barts and the London’s Academic Plastic Surgery Group and is based at The Centre for Cutaneous Research (CCR) at The Blizard Institute (BICMS) in central London. The CCR is composed of the academic unit of Dermatology and the Cancer Research UK Skin Tumour Laboratory, and is one of the largest cutaneous research centres in Europe. This group has a strong academic and research background and will be able to provide excellent support for students undertaking this programme.
There will be crucial hands-on training through four clinical days within the two-year academic period. Accompanying lectures will help students evaluate their practice and consolidate learning they have been undertaking throughout the year.
The programme will:
– Cover the entire area of non-invasive aesthetic surgery with an emphasis on the fundamental principles
– Provide detailed instruction on how to perform a range of non-surgical techniques
– Allow you to continue with full-time work due to the flexible and online learning format
– Introduce you to regular discussion forums where you will discuss cases and topics at your convenience
– Provide you with audio-visual material to demonstrate cases and good practise
– Invite you to attend two optional hands-on training workshops organised at Queen Mary covering principles of toxins, dermal fillers, skin care and peels. The training workshops are accredited by leading industry insurer and for continuous professional development
Value of Scholarship: £4600
To include all tuition, examinations, and certification processes.